FREE NALOXONE TRAINING WORKSHOP
with ERIN GIBSON (Fraser Health)
Tuesday, June 19th @ 2pm in BIRCH 250
(above the bookstore, across from the pond in the centre of campus @ KPU Surrey)
This FREE WORKSHOP is part of the KPIRG Summer Organizing School. All Welcome. Find out more at http://kpirg.ca/sos
Registration is appreciated, but not required: here on our facebook event, or by email, research @ kpirg.ca or call (604) 503-0039 (Let us know if you have any special needs.)
This is a wheelchair accessible space.* (See below for details.)
Snacks will be available. (Let us know if you have allergies or preferences!)
Organized by KPIRG in co-operation with the Social Justice Centre at KPU (and Erin Gibson, who’s the Harm Reduction Coordinator with Fraser Health.)
We acknowledge that we are conducting this work on the unceded territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie and Semiahmoo Nations.
*Birch Building Accessibility Info
(thanks to Simon Massey for the comprehensive compilation of these measurements…)
– The front entrance to the Birch building is a double door with push buttons to open the door both entering and exiting
– The buttons only open one of the doors , the clearance at the narrowest point with one door open is 32 Inches.
– The clearance with both doors open (which would require the assistance of another person) is 63 Inches
– There is a 0.25 inch lip when entering the front door
– The elevator in the main lobby of the Birch Building (right by the front door)
– The entrance to the elevator is 41.5 inches wide on all floors
– The inside of the elevator is 55 inches deep and 75.5 inches wide
Birch 250 Room:
– The door to birch 250 is a double door
– With one door open the clearance is 33.25 inches
-With both doors open the clearance is 67 inches
– The whole room is level and we do not have a stage
– There is no lip on the door
– There is a single, non gendered washroom with a “mobility accessible” sign attached to it, located on the 2nd floor.
– The washroom has push buttons to open on both the inside and outside and the inside, as well as a push button to lock/unlock on the inside
– There is no lip on the washroom door
– Because of the positioning of the sink the clearance when entering the washroom is 32 inches
– The area past the opening closing arc of the door would be 52.5 inches by 49.25 inches, but the toilet is in the corner
– the smallest clearance between the toilet and the wall is 28 inches
– the smallest clearance between the toilet and the sink is 27.5 inches.
– Here’s a picture of the washroom: